Sunday, November 17, 2013

News from Brazil

Isso é um moto. In the US, we think of motorbikes having a 400cc engine at least...but here, they are about 150cc max. Almost everyone has these! If they dont have a moto, the cars that they have are alot smaller as well.
This is good though, because the lines on the road are not much more than guidelines anyway =)
Isso é nosso distrito. Elder Días é da Cordoba, Argentina. Elder Napan é de Lima, Peru. Meu companheiro, Elder W. Silva é o Braziledo só. Ele é da estada que chama Paraíba



On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM, James Reinhardt <james.reinhardt@myldsmail.net> wrote:
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=f85d6a950c&view=att&th=1424776d7f5ae36d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hnvs0z5w1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_GrdOo-tvsS7kSU6VK_ihJ&sadet=1384733994515&sads=50Rs1LlZWTVFRRT46bBeDg4pPDEIsso é um moto. In the US, we think of motorbikes having a 400cc engine at least...but here, they are about 150cc max. Almost everyone has these! If they dont have a moto, the cars that they have are alot smaller as well.
This is good though, because the lines on the road are not much more than guidelines anyway =)


On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM, James Reinhardt <james.reinhardt@myldsmail.net> wrote:
This is the view from the mission home. We are not working here... we work in areas that are very similar to the first picture. The homes are very open and close to one another. Like the people here. Everyone is outside or looking out a window, so it is much easier to talk with them.
Also, there are brick and concrete fences around each home. Então, instead of knocking doors, we clap our hands outside these fences.


On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM, James Reinhardt <james.reinhardt@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Meu companheiro é Elder W. Silva. Ele não pode falar inglês...Então...eu vou aprender esta lingua!
Ele tem 20 anos e já serviu nas forcas armas para brigar com os donos das drogas! Ele sabe propósito dele. Ele tem muita paciência para mi. Acho que é bem difícil para ele também...para ter um missionário que não pode falar muito bem.
Ele me ensina muito. Amo ele e amo esta cidade.https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=f85d6a950c&view=att&th=142477d917d2653f&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hnvs6kvc1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_GrdOo-tvsS7kSU6VK_ihJ&sadet=1384734135691&sads=cfRU0Rba8vMWwpd2Bl7yAfAJppg
Ate mais!


On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM, James Reinhardt <james.reinhardt@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Pardon the grammer! This keyboard is hard to work with.
I hope all is well with you all! The work here is...different. It is harder and easier at the same time! There are many things here that I have to adjust to.
I suppose the hardest thing is feeling like I cant do anything at times! Imagine a place that has everyone speaking a different language...and you are to help them understand how to come to Christ! There are times when I get frustrated because I just want to help, but cant understand...then my brain gets tired and I start drifting off to sleep in peoples houses!
However, it is a blessing that the other three missionaries that I live with only know a handful of words in English. I HAVE to speak Portuguese. I know that I was called to this mission by a Prophet of God. I know that I do have a purpose here even if I have to wait for it...its only the first week. Ill learn. All I have to do for now is open my mouth and share my love of the Savior with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment